Dream Bike...any suggestions?

2/10/2013 1:54pm
Do you currently own your own bike? This statement " I'm not really talented on the bike yet, but I'm keen to learn." would have me thinking you ought to learn on a hardtail first, before going fully. But, if you've got the experience, then the specs you posted are pretty good. As for pedals... clipped in is the way to go. At least for me. Smile
Triber66
3/4/2013 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 2:17pm
The fact that you have foot pain makes me think you should go with a set of flat pedals and some 5-10 shoes. And go to bikejames.com and Check out his write-ups concerning flats vs clipped. EVEYONE should learn on flats to learn proper techniques and then go to clipped in if they feel the need. I love flats and have never felt held back in comparison to those who do clip in, but they can help with raw power in certain situations. Also because you will be riding in the alps get a rockshox reverb or KS lev seat post, the downhill riding ability the add FAR outweighs any weight gain you would be concerned with! If not convinced, try it if you don't like it, sell to one of your friends. And maybe a slightly shorter stem, it will speed up your handling once you have those wide enve carbon bars on there! My two cents! Lol enjoy! You will have greater control in your area(rocky, long rough descents)with a full suspension! Sounds like it will be a sweet rig!

Post a reply to: Dream Bike...any suggestions?

The Latest