Best 29er Full Suspension

steelers4582
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 2:36am
I am thinking about upgrading to a 29er full supsension. I currently am riding a Santa Cruz Superlight and want a more plush ride and a bike that can handle any type of trail. I was thinking about a Stumpjumper Fsr 29er. Can anyone provide any suggestions on a decent 29er FS comparable to the Stumpjumper that I may want to check out?? Thanks!
|
GEVO
1/8/2012 8:08pm
A lot depends on your style of riding. I don't own a 29er and am currently on a stumpy EVO 26" so take this for what it is worth. I would recommend the stumpy 29er or niner RIP9. I rode these and several other 29ers at outerbike and both were very very capapble bikes. You will get a TON more with the stumpy over the niner for the money, but the stumpy 29er was a little more aggressive as well. If I were going to get a 29er, it would be one of these two. For the money, I would get the stumpy hands down.
Big Bird
1/9/2012 9:32am
You already have a Santa Cruz. If you like the build quality, why not try out a Tallboy. My friend Garen has one and loves it. If the carbon one is too expensive, check out a Tall Can, the aluminum version. (They have a different name for it, but Tall Can is better imo.)
shredlightly
2/21/2012 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2016 10:21am
I have been asking myself the same question for the last year+ and this is what won my vote- Transition Bandit 29

Small company owned by riders that can RIDE building a 29'er to be burly and playful, 'nough said.

I've got one sitting in a box at Grassroots Cycles, just waiting on some hoops to let her rip! Can't flippin wait!

1/31/2013 4:50pm
Titus has the new Carbon Rockstar that will be available in the US in about a month. Same geometry as the aluminum version but full carbon. Best part is it will most likely be about $1500 for the frame/shock.
Pmorganii
7/16/2013 7:41am
Banshee prime hands down - http://bansheebikes.com/prime. It's all mountain - and lifetime crash replacement...Have had mine for a month now, and can't stop riding. I put Kore OCD 800mm high riser on it...so much fun
Tons of awesome bikes out there...and teh Stumpy FSR is a great bike, but the banshee is crazy confident...not the lightest, but shreds...and no problem climbing
Here is Bike magazine's review - http://www.bikemag.com/gear/exclusive-2013-bible-review-banshee-prime/

Post a reply to: Best 29er Full Suspension

The Latest