Test sessions needs consolidating

kidwoo
Edited Date/Time 8/18/2014 12:59pm
Is there any way to look at all the test sessions reviews from a given year in one place? Not the overviews, not the bike pictures but all the reviews themselves in a list..... You guys released them so sporadically it's nuts scrolling down till you find one. And checking individual bikes only works if you know it got reviewed. It seems like each year of the whole shebang should show up in the features tabs or something similar.

If someone wants to go bike shopping they should be able to just see what all you guys reviewed without having to know ahead of time. Searching 'test sessions' brings up lots of non-review content.
|
bturman
4/15/2014 4:03pm
The easiest way to view all of the Vital reviews is by visiting our Product Guide ("Product" in the menu bar) and sorting by Trail bikes (or whatever you might search for in the future).

Here's a direct link for ya: http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/category/Bikes,3/riding_type/all_mounta…

Last year's Test Session Wrap Up (list at bottom): http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/2013-Vital-MTB-Trail-Bike-Test-Session…

This year's Test Session Bikes Gallery (links to reviews on each): http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/25-Mountain-Bikes-Tested-Vital-…
kidwoo
4/15/2014 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2014 4:31pm
The product guide still doesn't give any indication if you guys ran through one during test sessions. If I only want to see bikes that you guys got multiple people on like you do at TS. I have to already know you tested them or just browse and click all of them.

The bike gallery has links to the reviews but it's listed as 'specs', not a test sessions link with a good in depth review. I didn't even realize that went to a review since I didn't need to see the specs.

That link list from the roundup from last year looks perfect. Maybe just make a link to that list from the 'features' tab up top. Or even just a link to that gallery slideshow.

You feel me though right? You guys put so much time and work into that trip, it just seems it should be a little easier to access without having to bounce around the site so much.

I'm on my back for the next 4 days in an oxycodone haze so expect more 'need tips for braindead idiots' questions. There's nothing more perfect for being out of it than reading a bunch of industry acronyms. :D

bturman
4/16/2014 12:46am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2014 11:46am
Good suggestions. We'll have a complete link list and some fun comparisons (price vs star rating, weight, etc) when we wrap up the final 2014 reviews.
kidwoo
5/15/2014 1:25pm
Oh yeah, where's that ellsworth epiphany review?

The entire world is waiting on that one.

Post a reply to: Test sessions needs consolidating

The Latest